- Community Entry Services
CES Riverton is Hiring!
Updated: Mar 15
Join the dynamic, fun, and impactful team at Community Entry Services as a Direct Support Professional. CES supports adults with disabilities in all aspects of daily living. Direct Support Professionals work in an active environment providing support services and empowering independence in the lives of individuals with disabilities. Most of our open positions are residential evening positions or overnight positions.
Day positions $13.00
Evening positions $13.50
Overnight Positions $14.00
Benefits for Full time Employees Include:
Health Dental and Life Insurance
401K with 4% match (after 1 year with the company and must work at least a 1000 hours/company matching up to 4%)
Full Job Description
Direct Support Professional
Community Living Trainer
SUMMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for providing training and supervision to individuals with disabilities to maximize their independence and assist them in living a productive life.
1. Train and assist individuals in household management issues including meal planning and preparation, laundry, cleaning/decorating, and financial planning; ensuring individual choices and options are available.
2. Assist individuals in purchasing items for personal use, goals etc. ensuring all expenditures are accurately documented and all funds are accounted for.
3. Transport individuals between sites and in the community by driving CES vehicles and using proper transferring techniques. Teach individual(s) in the use of available forms of transportation.
4.Facilitate and document services for individuals as outlined in the individual’s plan of care. Implement training activities as recommended by the team, consultants, and therapists (OT, PT, SLT, etc.).
5. Assist individuals in accessing their medications; following CES Policies and Procedures and ensuring they receive medications as prescribed.
6. Assist individuals with maintaining their health including the implementation of health and medical treatments as recommended by health care professions, guardians, the team, etc.
7. Use appropriate safety procedures when responding to emergency situations. Maintains current certification in CPR, First Aid and MANDT.
8. Assist and teach individuals on personal care issues (i.e. toileting, feeding, bathing, etc.).
9. Physically assist individuals in the use of adaptive equipment (i.e. walker, wheelchairs, wheelchair lifts, canes, etc.) by transferring them to and from the equipment and monitoring the appropriate use of the equipment to maintain a safe environment.
10. Understands the purpose of the agency and follows all organizational policies and procedures.
11. Maintains accurate records, collecting, compiling and evaluating data and submitting records to appropriate sources in a timely manner.
12. Maintains standards of confidentiality and acts in an ethical manner at all times
13. Provides support and information to individuals to enhance their ability to make decisions and engage in activities in the community.
14. Provides support and services based on the needs of the individuals receiving services.
15. Assist individuals with issues related to self-advocacy.
16. Assists individuals in identifying and accessing community services and events (i.e. concerts, movies, churches, etc.)
17. Ability to communicate effectively with staff, guardians, and individuals receiving services.
18. Ability to effectively prevent and/or intervene in a crisis situation using the MANDT principles.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Experience working with individuals with disabilities helpful.
3. Ability to read, write and communicate information to individuals receiving services and staff.
4. Possession of a valid driver’s license. Must be insurable through CES vehicle insurance.
5. Ability to lift and transfer individuals weighing 50 pounds or more on a daily basis.
To learn more and apply, visit https://www.indeed.com/job/direct-support-professional-36326943a1406a10?_ga=2.67408409.925145093.1678642319-162922851.1674238412&_gac=1.81504869.1677700467.CjwKCAiAjPyfBhBMEiwAB2CCInwvu1MiM_FUfhBM2iPbMikRZ2T8j6HVES7LVAwTS_sA7qB6-20sghoCmAsQAvD_BwE